Thursday, September 15, 2011

You Have to Start Somewhere...

Nothing like a Mupload (mobile upload) to capture the moment. Taken
moments before my first talk EVER in front of a group of peers.
Sherrill Basement, HWS, Sunday, Sept. 11th, 2011
...And this was a great place to do it! This past weekend I drove to HWS in order to meet with various teachers and school representatives throughout the weekend about my project. Then, on Sunday, my friend Kees was able to set up a presentation for me in front of a group of students. I learned a LOT from this experience. 1. I have the one-on-one description of my project (aka the "long" version) down pat! However, a five minute talk in front of a group of kids... that I need to work on! 2. It's a lot harder to talk about something you are passionate about simply because you care more.  3. People surprise you. I am so grateful to all of the people who showed up Sunday night in that dark basement, in many cases completely out of the way, to hear me talk nervously for five minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment