Monday, June 18, 2012

1 year later...

GOING TO KENYA!!!

Almost exactly one year ago, June 3rd-20th 2011, I had the most incredible opportunity to go to Africa with my friend Becca. It was a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget...who would have thought that one year later I would be going back after raising $6,000 to start making a difference in young student's lives.  On August 13th I will travel to Kenya with Meghan Gerrie. We will spend five days building a fence and organizing different activities with the students at the Oloosirkon Government Primary School. We will also sit down with members of the school board and community to discuss plans for a library and permanent water supply. A Special Thank you to the Young Memorial Fund at HWS for the plane ticket!

Peace.Love.Beads.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment